PranaBeing is intended to be a safe and secure container
Last Updated: May 23, 2018
New laws governing the privacy of individual information are driving clearer communication and understanding about how information is collected, shared, and utilized by online businesses around the world.
It is my intent and policy to collect and utilize your personal information only for the purpose of sharing these teachings, tools and techniques with you, and to disclose your information only as required by law. However, the complex reality of online business is that information is constantly being gathered from website users (including you) by the high-tech platforms we engage to make these services available. I recommend that you learn about what and how information is collected from you as you access internet-based resources; what is being done with this data; and take steps to align your use with your needs and desires around personal privacy. The Policy below outlines the extent of PranaBeing's responsibility and your rights as a user of this Website.
Fully Understand Your Rights
You can browse this Website without identifying yourself or revealing any Personal Information.
“Personal Information”, is any information that enables PranaBeing to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as email address, name, shipping and billing address, company name, credit card information, any form of identification number or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the data controller is PranaBeing.
How Your Information is Used
Information You Provide
You can browse the Website without providing any personal information.
PranaBeing gathers and retains personal information about you when you voluntarily submit it. Via the Squarespace platform, which hosts and provides the technology for this Website, PranaBeing automatically collects statistical information about visitors’ use of the Website. Information that you submit may be linked with statistical information about your access to and use of the Website.
We do not collect your email address or other Personal Information unless you contact us by email, access downloadable resources, or subscribe to our Newsletter.
Inquiries and Forms
If you choose to complete and submit a form or otherwise provide information through the Website, including but not limited to the “Contact Us” page via Social Media Pages or by phone or email, PranaBeing may collect and retain the Personal Information you provide, including your name, email address, zip code, and any other data you submit.
We always give you the option to opt out of receiving our direct email by use of the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails you receive from PranaBeing.
Social Networking Activities
The Website includes the ability for you and other users to link to social networking websites. As a result, PranaBeing receives information about you when you choose to post or otherwise share information about this Website on these social networking websites. PranaBeing may also receive Personal Information about you from your social networking account depending on your privacy setting for that account. This may include name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country and other public information. You can control this by adjusting your privacy setting on your social network account.
When you engage in any financial transaction through the Website, you will be asked to provide certain of your financial information, such as your debit card, credit card or PayPal account and billing or shipping address.
Use and Retention of Information You Provide
PranaBeing may use the information collected from you for legitimate operational and development interests, for example:
- to respond to your requests or inquiries,
- to process transactions you have requested,
- to manage or facilitate the operation and security of the Website,
- to enhance your experience with PranaBeing,
- to communicate with you about transactions, products, services, events and other opportunities related to PranaBeing
- to monitor and improve the use and satisfaction of Website users,
- to display advertisements relevant to your interests,
- to conduct research and analysis
- to expand PranaBeing services and outreach
Data is not retained on our Website. Your email is used only if you subscribe to the Newsletter list or contact us by email. We will not share or sell your Personal Information to others unless we have your permission or are required by law.
- where you have provided consent which can be withdrawn at any time,
- where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (for example, a transaction),
- as required by law,
- where required to protect your vital interests or those of another person,
- where necessary for the purposes of PranaBeing's legitimate commercial interests, except where such interest are overridden by your rights and interests
- PranaBeing will only keep financial transaction information as long as necessary to complete the transaction or series of recurring transactions authorized by you. Financial information is held by Stripe and subject to their stringent security measures and policies.
- All other Personal Information may be kept indefinitely unless and until directed otherwise by you.
Automatically Collected Information
How Personal Information May Be Shared
Third Party Data Processors
- PranaBeing may disclose information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of the assets or business.
- PranaBeing be legally obligated to disclose information about you to third parties under certain circumstances. PranaBeing reserves the right to release information collected to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
- PranaBeing may share aggregated or anonymous information that does not identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to the Website or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive emails from PranaBeing, you may opt out of receiving emails by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email you receive. You may also update your preferences for receiving communications by clicking the link at the bottom of any email you receive. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing using the above methods, please contact me directly. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving promotional emails, PranaBeing may continue to send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
PranaBeing relies upon state-of-the-art data processors, including Google, Squarespace, Stripe, and others, to ensure the security of your Personal Information as well as the Content provided on this Website. Visit the websites of the third party data processors above to get detailed information about the security measures these companies maintain.
A backup copy of PranaBeing's subscriber data is intermittently stored on an un-networked hard drive in a secure location. All other Personal Data is processed on behalf of PranaBeing by recognized and licensed Third Party Data Processors.
Links to Other Websites
Children Under the Age of 17
The information and services presented on PranaBeing are not directed to children under the age of 17. We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 17 to register for any content, product, or service. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information about children under age 17, except as required by law.
European Residents' Privacy Rights
For Individuals within the EEA, under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to any Personal Information about you that PranaBeing holds
- obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information,
- request that your Personal Information be deleted provided the Personal Information is not required for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim
- prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims
- request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party (where technically feasible)
Access to Your Personal Information
You agree to provide PranaBeing with accurate and current Personal Information. You may amend your Personal Information at any time by emailing email@example.com. You can request a copy of any Personal Information PranaBeing has on file for you. Before sending you any Personal Information we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to do so, we reserve the right to refuse to send you any Personal Information.
Access from Outside North America
Please do not send us any financial or sensitive Personal Information via email.